Year 7 to Year 12
When starting Secondary School, you want your child to settle in easily and find a friendship group quickly. It’s so easy for young people to get lost in the hustle and bustle when starting high school.
At Medowie Christian School, your child will feel welcomed and a sense of belonging from day one. We have intentionally structured the early stages of Secondary School to create community among the students and bonding opportunities, including taster classes, orientation week, a camp and a tech ready day.
You’ll be amazed what your child can achieve when they have a deep sense of belonging with peers who are respectful and encouraging.
Students want teachers who notice them, ask about their interests, listen to them, laugh with them and believe in them. Positive relationships are the bedrock for student-led knowledge discoveries and learning breakthroughs.
You might appreciate these unique features of our Secondary School:
- During the secondary years, our qualified and committed Christian teachers offer meaningful academic experiences that allow student-directed inquiry.
- Students are thankful for homeroom teachers who provide personal welfare support.
- Students engage in service-learning opportunities, including mission and service trips.
- Students are given careers support through a guidance program.
- Teachers work hard to instill in students the competencies to navigate an uncertain future and to shape their own lives beyond school.
- Students are given the opportunity to study different topics, develop their leadership skills and prepare for the Higher School Certificate (HSC).
Young people should emerge from school able to empathise with people, to understand the nuances of social interaction, to stretch beyond what’s considered normal in the pursuit of a goal and to approach challenges with courage.
If this sounds like the type of secondary school where your child might thrive, please book below for our next Principal’s Tour.