Secondary Sports Coordinator / PDHPE TeacherBack to Careers
Medowie Christian School is part of Christian Education Ministries (CEM), a protestant non-denominational, Christian Education organisation, whose mission is to develop each and every student to be equipped spiritually, academically, socially and physically to flourish into their full potential, and be a positive influence on the world around them. CEM is wholeheartedly committed to excellence in education so that students are “well known, well loved, and well taught” by dedicated trained Christian staff.
CEM is a growing network, with 12 schools in 5 states, and is also the largest non-government Distance Education provider in Australia.
Medowie Christian School is a leading independent school serving the Port Stephens community. Our charter goes beyond producing great scholars, we aim to grow courageous and compassionate global citizens with truth and wisdom in Christ.
See a video of the Principal giving insight into the school here.
About the role
An opportunity exists to join a fantastic, committed Christian team in teaching and supporting students within a Christian environment and biblical worldview. We are seeking a capable and relational educator who desires to inspire our student community.
This role seeks a skillful Senior PDHPE educator with strong organisational capabilities and a desire to innovate and build on our Sporting Programs throughout Secondary. The ability to teach PDHPE or CAFS to the HSC is highly desirable. This is a key leadership position within the schools Middle Leadership Team with a focus on building programs and culture both in and outside of the classroom. The role will include but not be limited to:
- Teaching and Learning loading from Years 7 - 12 PDHPE (to be determined in collaboration with the Principal)
- Leading the schools weekly Secondary Sporting Program
- Developing our coaching and specialist programs
- Leading our involvement in representative competitions
This full-time position is expected to start Term 1 2024.
- You have suitable qualifications.
- You’re highly motivated.
- You’re confident in the use of technology.
- You have a servant heart and vibrant Christian faith.
- You will have a committed approach to teaching students and address a range of different learning needs.
- You will be organised.
- You will have strong communication skills - written and verbal.
- You will be empathetic and able to consider the needs of families.
- You’ll thrive when working collaboratively and when given the opportunity, show initiative.
- You will have a great attention to detail.
- Work with a dedicated Christian team.
- Be part of a faith community that shares regular devotions and prayer.
- Play an active part in growing the school and providing quality Christian education to students in need.
How to Apply
Only applicants who apply via the link below will be considered: