Science (Biology) TeacherBack to Careers
Medowie Christian School is part of Christian Education Ministries (CEM), a protestant non-denominational, Christian Education organisation, whose mission is to develop each and every student to be equipped spiritually, academically, socially and physically to flourish into their full potential, and be a positive influence on the world around them. CEM is wholeheartedly committed to excellence in education so that students are “well known, well loved, and well taught” by dedicated trained Christian staff.
CEM is a growing network, with 12 schools in 5 states, and is also the largest non-government Distance Education provider in Australia.
Medowie Christian School is a leading independent school serving the Port Stephens community. Our charter goes beyond producing great scholars, we aim to grow courageous and compassionate global citizens with truth and wisdom in Christ.
See a video of the Principal giving insight into the school here.
About the role
An opportunity exists to join a fantastic, committed Christian team in teaching and supporting students within a Christian environment and biblical worldview. We are seeking a capable and relational educator who desires to inspire our student community to join our Science Team teaching some Junior Science, with the ability to lead and guide our Senior Biology program now and into the future.
MCS is a growing community with a wonderful and supportive staff culture aimed at engaging your strengths and fostering your development.
This position is expected to start 9 October 2023 (Term 4) however, is negotiable up until Term 1 2024. The role is full time and includes involvement in the delivery of our Pastoral Care Programs.
- You have suitable qualifications.
- You’re highly motivated.
- You’re confident in the use of technology.
- You have a servant heart and vibrant Christian faith.
- You will have a committed approach to teaching students and address a range of different learning needs.
- You will be organised.
- You will have strong communication skills - written and verbal.
- You will be empathetic and able to consider the needs of families.
- You’ll thrive when working collaboratively and when given the opportunity, show initiative.
- You will have a great attention to detail.
- Work with a dedicated Christian team.
- Be part of a faith community that shares regular devotions and prayer.
- Play an active part in growing the school and providing quality Christian education to students in need.
How to Apply
Only applicants who apply via the link below will be considered: