English Drama TeacherBack to Careers
Medowie Christian School is part of Christian Education Ministries (CEM), a protestant non-denominational, Christian Education organisation, whose mission is to develop each and every student to be equipped spiritually, academically, socially and physically to flourish into their full potential, and be a positive influence on the world around them. CEM is wholeheartedly committed to excellence in education so that students are “well known, well loved, and well taught” by dedicated trained Christian staff.
CEM is a growing network, with 11 schools in 5 states, and is also the largest non-government Distance Education provider in Australia.
Medowie Christian School is a leading independent school serving the Port Stephens community. Our charter goes beyond producing great scholars, we aim to grow courageous and compassionate global citizens with truth and wisdom in Christ.
See a video of the Principal giving insight into the school here
About the role
An opportunity exists to work in a committed Christian team as a member of our English/Drama Faculty. We are seeking a capable and relational educator who desires to inspire our student community in their love of language, writing and high quality communication, someone who is willing to contribute to the continued development of our English Programs and expansion of our school. The role will involve teaching throughout the Secondary school (Years 7 - 12).
This full-time position is expected to start 20 January 2023.
- You have suitable qualifications..
- You’re highly motivated and able to engage students in learning.
- You’re confident in the use of technology.
- You have a servant heart and vibrant Christian faith.
- You will have a positive, proactive personality.
- You will be highly organised with strong management skills.
- You will be highly empathetic and able to consider the needs of families while progressing the delivery of service in a timely manner
- You’ll thrive when working collaboratively and when given the opportunity to show initiative.
- You will have a great attention to detail.
- Work with a dedicated Christian team.
- Be part of a faith community that shares regular devotions and prayer.
- Play an active part in growing the school and providing quality Christian education to students in need.
How to Apply
Only applicants who apply via the link below will be considered: